Plan your event
Encourage your community to support your library this Libraries Week and discover a world of reading.!
This Libraries Week we are encouraging libraries to plan events and activities to showcase the reading services they have to offer as we celebrate the contribution libraries make towards building a nation of readers.
Think about events and activities that showcase how your library is:
- Engaging your community through books and reading
- Providing access to and developing diverse collections
- Enabling digital reading through ebooks, magazine and audiobooks
- Encouraging digital participation and inclusion
- And providing the nation with comfort, companionship and escapism during challenging times.
Visit the Libraries Hub to download our Libraries Week posters and social media graphics in five eye catching designs to begin promoting Libraries Week in your library. Make use of our editable templates to promote your events and activities, including an editable social media graphic where you can insert yourself into the frame.
For inspiration on activities to run in your library, check out some of the resources below: