Plan your event
Encourage your community to visit your library this Libraries Week to Get creative, Get connected and Learn new skills.
This Libraries Week we are encouraging libraries to plan events and activities to showcase the digital services they have to offer. Think about events and activities that showcase how your library is:
- Engaging your community through technology
- Building digital skills and confidence
- Encouraging digital participation and inclusion.
Download our Libraries Week posters and social media graphics in three eye catching designs to begin promoting Libraries Week in your library. Make use of editable poster templates to promote your events and activities.
Digital activities and services in libraries include:
- Wi-Fi access & online support services
- Coding clubs
- LEGO Clubs*
- Digital workspaces
- Cyber security
- Bring Your Own Device
- Virtual Reality
- Ebooks, eMagazines and Audio books
- Digital skills & information literacy
- Digital inclusion and access.
*Check out CILIP’s LEGO Library competition to Build the Library of the Future. The winning entry wins tickets to LEGOLAND Windsor plus £500 for their local library. Download the Competition Poster here.
For more ideas on activities to run in your library, check out some of the resources below:
- Libraries Deliver: Ambition for Public Libraries in England
- Libraries Connected: Digital Learning Resources
- Digital Transformation for UK Public Libraries
- Information in a Digital Age
- Carnegie UK Trust Digital Futures