Power Up Your Reading
Find inspiration for digital reading and STEM activities this Libraries Week with free resources from The Reading Agency.
STEM Activity Packs
From code club challenges and programming tips to hands-on experiments and reading recommendations, these free resources from The Reading Agency’s Children’s Reading Partners
scheme provide plenty of inspiration for fun digital and science-themed activity sessions.
- DK Coding Kit – the perfect tool to help you teach children the very basics of computer coding
- Coding Skills Chatterbooks Activity Pack – advice and activities from computer expert Max Wainewright
- Get Coding 2! Activity Pack – design and code games with the Lucky Cat Club
- Make the World Your Lab – science and engineering activities from DK
- Think Like an Engineer – puzzles and activity sheets from Usborne
Reading Well and World Mental Health Day
This World Mental Health Day (10 October), check out Every Mind Matters, a new campaign from Public Health England. Every Mind Matters helps you feel more confident in managing your mental health by creating your own digital action plan containing a range of self-care strategies – such as borrowing a Reading Well book from your local library! Create an action plan today: nhs.uk/oneyou/mental-health
Reading Well supports you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing using helpful reading available in libraries. The books are all chosen and endorsed by health experts, as well as by people living with the conditions covered and their relatives and carers. You can be recommended a title by a health professional, or you can visit your local library and take a book out yourself. Many Reading Well titles are also available in ebook and audiobook format.